China Dragon – Delicious recipes
Chinese Plum Chicken
– 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and split (about 1lb)
– 1 cup of oriental plum sauce
– ¼ cup of onion, minced
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– ½ teaspoon of dry mustard
– ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds, or crushed anise seeds
– ¼ teaspoon of lemon extract
– ¼ teaspoon of pepper
– ¼ teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
– Rinse the chicken; then pat dry and place in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
– In a small bowl, combine all of the other ingredients, then pour over the chicken.
– Bake the chicken, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for 25 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the thickest part.
– Serve chicken with sauce on top.